Designing and Architecting a Digital Garden
Inspiration and Goals
I'm inspired to write to achieve some of these following goals
- Learn in public
- Keep my own notes for my own reference
- Quickly share things to others who request help
- Explore new ideas
- Fail early, and post a warning sign
- Collect content to re-purpose
- Build a marketable collection of learning and expertise
- Be searchable on google
- Very quickly iterate based on new learning
Quick Links for Inspiration
Practical Next Steps
How can I even organize thoughts, notes, seedlings themselves
- Consolidate all content, co-located, in one directory
- Distinguish between "growth" of content based on tags/categories/status
- Refactor how I build pages and handle page display between existing 2 types of content
- Back-port some labeling to existing stuff
Can I even find my own notes
- Revise the Alfred workflow locally
- Implement at least some basic fuzzy search
- Broad category/status/tag filters
Experiments to Perform
- How easy is it to consolidate/move all my files together?
- Can I still call out/highlight things on different pages, in groups, in an order?
- Does this introduce friction? Do I need a default for a "quick note"?
- Do I really want to take the nomenclature of seedling, budding, evergreen?
Decisions and Learning To Do
- I definitely would prefer to not have 2 separate pages for content
- I do want to call out, somehow, things that are more mature
- I don't really care too much about order
- I would like to feature something, changeable, that I'm particularly proud of