If you found this page, you're in for a treat! I'm just collecting ideas to write about, maybe. If you think I should expand on them, let me know!
Running list of topic ideas
- How I use a code article, and learn more from doing ( from this article )
- Why you need a solution architect as a friend or business resource (conversation with Lucky regarding mongo, instances, and feature rollouts)
- [-] AWS Pinpoint for gatsby analytics, at a basic level
- AWS code commit per-project configuration
- Why is it called AWS EC2, but called Amazon Chime?
- Abusing the fact that the source filesystem ignore accepts a function to create a local-only file, ignored in prod, keyed off the NODE ENV var on the process
- Terraform deprecation of quotes with interpolation and depends_on lists
- AWS email addresses (plus aliases for multi-account), make sure you can be reached, they will suspend an account if they suspect suspicious activity or it appears to endanger other accounts and resources. Link to Jacob for more info about other plus alias features and gmail hacks https://www.jacobbolda.com/gmail-productivity-hacks/
- AWS accounts and types of users (root, human, agent)
- AWS Root MFA, use hardware not virtual, and why they are very different (and this is supported by AWS Config)
- Make "resource limits" required checkbox pre-production (autoscaling, ec2 types)
- DR mistakes: Not all regions support all features (instance types, etc)
- DR mistakes: Not all regions have a LOT of new instance types
- AWS vampire costs, unattached eip, ebs volumes, etc
- Billing alerts, budgets, and real-world examples
- Delete your default vpcs in aws, and default security groups (they can be recovered)
- Docker latest is dangerous
- Docker utility containers
- Docker bootstrapping containers
- Docker volume types, node modules, and what is an anonymous volume?
- Why is it called AWS EC2 but called Amazon Chime?
- AWS certification process, what it looks like, and what can you share if you do get a certification?
- Thoughts on the certs I have, and what I don't have
- Is terraform for AWS only?
- Terraform ssh keygen temporary EC2 test instances, and an alternative (ssm agent, no keys)
First gatsby theme(s)